The Department of Languages, headed by Dr.C.Kameswari, has been a part of the college since its inception in August 1993. The Department started with 3 lecturers, 120 students and 2 second languages. It has now grown to 16 lecturers, 1400 students (approx.) and 4 second languages. The Department of Languages is the backbone of the college since effective communication is required in all fields.