The Physical Science Faculty have started a club in the academic year 2010-11 by the name PSCIFE (Physical Science Club for Information, Fun and Education). There was a competition for the physical science students to suggest a name for the same. Under the voting system, this acronym was selected as suggested by Ms. S K Fatima of B.Sc. (MSCs) III year, 2008-’11.
The purpose of having this club is:
- To have better inter- departmental interaction for both students and staff.
- To conduct activities like paper presentation, poster presentation, quiz, fun games, Brain quest, etc.
- To encourage their analytical skills and to stimulate their thinking and develop confidence.
- To make the students more creative.
- To try and remove the inhibition that some of the students may have.
The coordinator of this club is "Dr. K. Vasudeva Rao" and the Staff members are :
- Mr. V. Selva Kumar - Dept of Statistics
- Ms. Leela Santi - Dept of Mathematics
- Ms. P. Lavanya - Dept of Electronics
- Ms. Rajini - Dept of Statistics
- Ms. S. Jayalaxmi - Dept of Computer Science
- Student Members 2019-20